Friday, March 20, 2015

Oh, Hi! Random Recipe Post!

Oh. Hi! - Random Recipe Post!

You may or may not know this...but the fiance and I are TOTALLY addicted to True Food Kitchen at Lenox Square Mall here in Atlanta.  Between the super cool decor and ambiance, comfy booths, waiters in full on scrubs and funky looks that make for GREAT people watching.....we can't get enough.

Like, when I say ADDICTED...we go prrreetttty much every single Sunday for brunch.

Our love affair is so serious that when we sit down our waiter asks if I'm splurging on the Quinoa Johnny cakes that Sunday or not....yes.....  That's right.  We're so far in that the waitstaff is aware of my constant internal struggle between delicious food and trying to stay fit ....

So where am I going with this?

One of our FAVE things to eat there is the Sweet Potato Hash...

It's beyond delicious and has the perfect balance between sweet and salty, and totally satisfying and indulgent tasting without being crazy and awful for you!

Being that I am NEVER home before like 6:30 between the trainer and other wedding prep, (and the fact that the main things I can make are salad, pasta, or pancakes) I pretty much never make dinner.  My sweet, wonderful fiance usually has it waiting for me the second I walk in the door!!!  I mean...come on....how much do we love him for that??

Well, last night, I had an off day where I left work and didn't have anything I HAD to go do, so I decided to surprise him with a copycat True Food Kitchen style dinner.

I whipped up our standard roasted brussel sprouts, which I do make about once a week, some shaved turkey wraps on low-card, chia seed flatbread, and the TRUE FOOD KITCHEN SWEET POTATO HASH....

When I tell you it came out better than at the restaurant...I'm not lying....like he kept talking about it ALL NIGHT!

SO, I want to share this super easy, super yummy recipe with you!  Takes about 45 mins - 60 minutes total, depending on how small you cube the sweet potato pieces.

True Food Kitchen COPYCAT Sweet Potato Hash Recipe

Ingredients:

2 Large Sweet Potatoes
3/4 cup Vegetable or Chicken Broth
1/4 Large Sweet Onion (or more, depending on taste)
approx 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic in Olive Oil
2 tbsp EVOO (or other oil depending on preference)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

  1. Peel sweet potatoes kind of randomly, leaving 1/2 of the skin on.  The skin contains a TON of nutrients and makes them brown up better when sauteing.
  2. Chop onion into small cubes as well...I have no patience in the kitchen so just as small as you want.
  3. Toss sweet potato, onion, broth, and minced garlic in a mixing bowl.  Let sit about 5 minutes.
  4. Pour mixture into large glass baking dish.  Bake 25-35 minutes, until potato is soft but not mushy.
  5. Warm pan on stove with about 2 tbsp of olive oil.
  6. Remove sweet potato mixture from oven and toss into pan on stove.
  7. Saute for about 20-25 minutes, until browned to the level you like.  I recommend letting them get a little crispy on the outside, but careful not to burn them!
And TA-DA!!! EASY EASY pretty healthy side!!

xoxo - A



No comments:

Post a Comment